Jordan is a Research Technician in Cross-Departmental Technical Support. He attends California State University, Fullerton, where he is pursuing an M.A. in applied mathematics. He received his B.S. in mathematics from the University of California, Irvine.
M.A., Applied Mathematics, California State University, Fullerton, Fullerton, CA 2018
B.S., Mathematics University of California, Irvine, Irvine, CA 2015
Areas of Expertise
Python, Data management, Network Administration
Research Technician, Southern California Coastal Water Research Project Authority. Costa Mesa, CA. 2018- Present.
Laboratory Assistant, Southern California Coastal Water Research Project Authority. Costa Mesa, CA. 2017-2018.
Teaching Associate, California State University, Fullerton, Fullerton, CA. 2016-Present.
Undergraduate Research Assistant Summer, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, CA. 2017.
- Design and implement numerical integration/numerical differentiation algorithms
- Approximate solutions of Parameter Estimation problems using L1 and L2 regression techniques
- Implemented Na"ive Bayes algorithm for classification of sentences using the NLTK library.
- Developed functions to extract distinguishing features of natural language for machine learning implementation.
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint