Microplastics Health Effects Workshop: Report-Out Webinar
September 8, 2021 (8-10 a.m. PT)
The multi-part Microplastics Health Effects Workshop, which kicked off in fall 2020, brought together an international group of experts to identify the primary pathways by which microplastics affect biota, prioritize the microplastics characteristics (e.g., size, shape, polymer) that are of greatest biological concern, and identify critical thresholds for each at which those biological effects become pronounced. The experts have reached consensus on how to set health-based thresholds for microplastics, and will summarize their findings as they pertain to drinking water and the ambient environment during a public report-out webinar.
The webinar is open to the public.
- Additional information: The webinar agenda and additional information about the workshop are posted to the the workshop's webpage: https://www.sccwrp.org/about/research-areas/additional-research-areas/trash-pollution/microplastics-health-effects-webinar-series/
- RSVPs: Advance registration for the webinar is required
- Remote participation: Please register in advance at: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_5NVuNEswS1uaAMgVoFgEpg. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
- Location: Remote participation only
- Contact: Leah Thornton Hampton, (714) 755-3217, firstname.lastname@example.org
View all upcoming meetings